Monday, December 17, 2007

My current sewing machine

This is my current sewing machine. I love it. In 1998 my husband bought me a 99 dollar sewing machine at walmart. It was a basic brother sewing machine and did not have many options. I made 2 pillows out of it and then put it in the closet. It stayed in the closet until July 2002. I had a sling for Sterling to carry him in but it was too long. I could not find any that I liked so I decided to get out my sewing machine and sew a sling. It was rather easy. A few straight seams. I was rather impressed with myself. I started wanting to sew more and more. Little tote bags, doll diapers etc. I used the old brother sewing machine until it just would not run anymore. I bought a used Elna but never quite fell in love with it. There were so many features that I wanted that the Elna did not have. One day I was checking out overstock.com and saw this sewing machine. I started reading all the features it has and was shocked at what I could get for 299 dollars ( plus free shipping lol). I love my sewing machine. It can embroider also but I do not use it too much for that.
I never thought that I could have all these cool functions on a sewing machine that did not even cost me 300 dollars. I sew an average of 10 hours a week. Some weeks I do not get much more then an hour or so but other weeks I will get 5-6 hours just in one day. I think having a cool sewing machine makes sewing more fun and not so frustrating.
I totally give this machine 5 stars and would suggest it to anybody looking for a sewing/embroidery machine that does not cost a ton.

No comments: