Sunday, December 16, 2007

Grandma's sewing machine


When I was little I saw my grandma sew a few times on this little sewing machine. I always thought it was a cute sewing machine. When she died the sewing machine was passed on to me. I used it a few times when I was a young teenager. I never really learned to sew but I did make a few pillows on it. I put it away and never got it out again until recently. I tried to sew on it just to see what it would do but it needs a few adjustments and it seems like it needs a new belt. I am just glad that I have this sewing machine and maybe sometime in the future I will get it all fixed up and use it to sew a quilt.
My nosy cat opal just could not stay out of the way of the picture so that is her that is behind the sewing machine.




















No comments: