Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A few tote bags I have made recently

These are 2 totes I made for a friend and her daughter. The outer is a Michael Miller fabric and the inner is a solid light pink. I think next time I make a tote bag for a smaller child I would make it a bit more narrow and maybe a bit longer. For some reason I just do not totally care for the shape of it.
This is a tote that I made for myself. I added a few pockets inside and a velcro closure. The fabric is Michael Miller outer and inner. It is hard to see but the inside is a striped pattern. I had planned to sew a pocket on the outside with elastic on top to use as a water bottle holder but I totally forgot about it before I sewed the bag together. I plan to make another one and will put an outer pocket to hold a water bottle as well as make a little cell phone holder and a key fob.

1 comment:

The Royal Stitch said...

Shannon, Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so impressed with how organized you are. And the fact that you have children and still have time to sew - Wow! It's fantastic therapy and you obvoisly enjoy it. Kudos to you!